Dagsmejan Ventures AG is a health and wellbeing start-up based in Zurich with the mission to bring step change improvements to sleep quality and thereby life quality with a range of innovative functional sleepwear and adjacent products. Our inspiration comes from the sports apparel sector where huge advances have been made in developing high performance fabrics—we leverage those ideas to reinvent the way we sleep.
We are a “Digital-First” Business and since our launch in 2018, we have seen huge demand for our products, so far from more than 60 markets worldwide. Besides our D2C channels, working with strategic partners has been instrumental for our success - today we collaborate with more than 50 strategic partners worldwide, entailing premium department stores, specialist sleep shops, wellness & wellbeing resorts as well as online marketplaces.
To further build and strengthen our team, we are now looking for a HEAD FINANCE & CONTROLLING. In this position you are a conceptual and execution-driven personality who designs, leads, monitors and continuously optimizes our finance & controlling function in order to continuously improve the financial performance of the entire company. This position reports directly to the CEO.
What we offer...
- An opportunity to positively influence everybody’s life. Sleep is one of the most important instruments for our personal health and wellbeing – here at Dagsmejan you can make a difference.
- Not stuck in a rut! At Dagsmejan every day brings new challenges and new opportunities in a vibrant, fast growing and truly innovative start-up environment
- A position to make an impact. We are a small team and what you will be doing makes a difference to our customers, partners and teams
What you will be doing...
- Work closely with Dagsmejan’s executive team to oversee all finance and accounting operations, including, A/R, A/P, GL, Cost Accounting, Inventory Accounting, Expense Tracking/Reimbursement and Revenue Recognition
- Provide direction, oversight and control to external accounting firm and other service providers in all finance related matters
- Prepare, manage, and present monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements to company management and company stakeholders
- Implement internal controls and processes to ensure the accuracy of financial information, liaise with external auditors
- Ensure that all established policies, rules, regulations and agreements are followed
- Lead the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts, ensuring that variances are properly identified
- Plan and forecast liquidity; liaise with banks and payment service partners to ensure adequate financing across multiple currencies
- Provide management with accurate and timely information, models and financial analysis to help make strategic and operating decisions (this includes the design, implementation and running of an MIS)
- Analyze and interpret data in order to appraise and improve operating results in terms of profitability, performance against budget/prior year, and other matters bearing on the fiscal health and operating effectiveness of the organization
- Work cross functionally to maximize opportunities and/or minimize exposure
- Assess and propose system enhancements and drive process improvement; actively participate in and /or drive system projects where needed
- Creative, smart, and collaborative
- Minimum of 3 years’ work experience, ideally with one of the big accounting firms or within a Start-up / E-Commerce / FMCG business
- Bachelor's Degree required. MBA, CPA and/or public accounting experience is a plus
- Expert-Level proficiency in Microsoft Excel (v-lookups, pivot tables)
- Excellent communication skills and strong analytical skills.
- Fluency in English and German
- Strategic, forward looking thinking combined with can do/hands on attitude
- Ability to thrive in the fast-paced, constantly evolving environment of a growing startup. We’re looking for candidates that are creative, fearless, hard-working, and self-motivated.
- Proven track record to scope, lead and execute projects
- Good sense of humor and fun to work with
Want to join us?
Health is wealth and sleep is our most important instrument to boost our immune system. That’s why Dagsmejan’s mission – to promote better sleep quality by means of a new kind of innovative functional sleepwear is more relevant than ever. Our business model is C-19 tested and the position on offer is here for you to make your mark.
We are looking forward to receiving your application on firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have more specific questions, please do not hesitate to drop-us an email.