TEXTILE INNOVATION MANAGER
At a glance
Dagsmejan is an innovative high-tex brand based in Zurich/Switzerland, which has made it its mission to improve sleep quality and thereby life quality by developing the world’s most comfortable sleepwear, scientifically proven. Naturally & sustainably produced in Europe.
Innovative fabrics are at the core of who we are and what we do, we research, design, develop and test our fabrics with a scientific approach, only products that pass our rigorous tests will ever go to market. More than 20´000 5* customer reviews confirm that our products deliver a unique sleep quality, and with our “Digital-first” business model, we have been able to scale-up globally, confirmed by the recent FT ranking of the 1´000 fastest growing companies in in Europe which saw Dagsmejan as #1 in the apparel and fashion industry.
To further build and strengthen our product portfolio, we are now looking for a TEXTILE INNOVATION MANAGER to lead all our fabric developments, from strategy to production. In this role you will lead the creation of new value chains for our sleepwear products through reinventing materiality and strategic partnerships with innovators and manufacturing partners within the apparel and textile industry, and make sure our fabrics live up to highest standards in mass production.
What we offer...
- A company with a purpose, an opportunity to positively influence everybody’s life. Sleep is one of the most important instruments for our personal health and wellbeing – here at Dagsmejan you can make a difference.
- Not stuck in a rut! At Dagsmejan every day brings new challenges and new opportunities in a vibrant and truly innovative start-up environment
- A position to make an impact. Creating innovative fabrics, made of natural fibers, is our core business, and this role is key to manage and further advance our product portfolio
- A flexible work schedule with minimum 3 days in the office / 2 days from wherever
What you will be doing...
- Leading new fabric developments, from strategy to production
- Researching fiber, yarn, production technology trends, identifying, and scoping of innovation opportunities, aligned with Dagsmejan´s mission & values
- Together with the Executive team, establishing long-term materials & fabric innovation roadmap
- Building and fostering strong relationships with industry innovators, material suppliers and manufacturers
- Sampling new fabrics, covering fiber, yarn, knitting, processing, finishing, printing; aligning with design team on style developments
- Testing of new fabrics on physical/functional/performance/durability properties
- Finding commercial agreements (in collaboration with sourcing) for mass production
- Managing the fabric portfolio
- Partnering with marketing & sales, product design & sourcing on fabric needs
- Supporting design process from sampling to SMS; finding ways to constantly improve fabric quality
- Supervising fabric production; finding ways to continuously improve quality and consistency while lowering cost
- Finding, sampling, testing and onboarding new suppliers
- Managing fabric quality end-to-end
- Defining standards for fabrics quality and advance Dagsmejan´s Quality Management System
- Defining testing strategies and -tools
- Testing fabric quality (in house and/or external test institutes)
- Monitoring fabric quality over time; run monthly/quarterly quality reviews
- Bachelor’s Degree in Textile Engineering/Technology/Fashion Management/Circular Business or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in fabric development (knit) with natural fibers, preferably in fashion/apparel/activewear
- Good understanding of the functional properties of different yarns, fibers, fabric types
- Creative thinker, can turn trends into practical solutions
- Comfortable to work in an international, multi-cultural environment
- Ability to establishing external collaborations with key partners at all levels
- Heightened experience in project management from strategy through to production.
- Entrepreneurial mindset, can work independently and aiming for high-quality work
- Fluent in English and German (oral and in writing); accomplished, creating texting capabilities desirable
- Valid permit to work in Switzerland
Want to join us?
Health is wealth and sleep is our most important instrument to boost our immune system. That’s why Dagsmejan’s mission – to promote better sleep quality by means of a new kind of innovative functional sleepwear is more relevant than ever. And with our Digital-led business model we are on the way to redefine the category.
We are looking forward to receiving your application on firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have more specific questions, please do not hesitate to drop-us an email.
Dagsmejan is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating a work environment that is fair and inclusive, where all decisions related to recruitment, advancement, and retention are free of discrimination.