SLEEP AND MENOPAUSE
HOT FLASHES AT NIGHT
75-85% of menopausal women experience hot flashes, which can last from 1-5 years. Hot flashes can impact our sleep quality negatively, but there are actions you can take to sleep better.
What are hot flashes | How do hot flashes at night impact my sleep? | How can I alleviate hot flashes? | What is the best nightwear for hot flashes?
SLEEP AND MENOPAUSE
WHAT ARE HOT FLASHES?
Hot flashes normally start in the area around the face and spread to the chest, lasting around 3 minutes. Dr Rebecca Robins, (PhD, researcher Harvard Medical School) explains:
”Hot flashes, or unexpected feelings of heat all over the body accompanied by sweating, are caused by changing and decreasing levels of estrogen. They begin around the face and spread to the chest, affected approximately 75% of women around menopause years. Prior to a hot flash, body temperature rises, accompanied by an awakening which disrupts sleep, reduces sleep quality, and can result in next day sleepiness.”
HOW DO HOT FLASHES AT NIGHT IMPACT MY SLEEP?
Dr Robbins highlights the importance of temperature for a good night's sleep: ”A warm room being good for sleep is actually a myth, although believed by many. A cool temperature is absolutely essential for sleep, as a low core body temperature is associated with shorter sleep onset, but also, a warmer environment causes more sleep fragmentation and nightmares." Hot flashes impact our sleep on 2 levels:
1. The temperature fluctuation can wake us up or lead to a more restless sleep.
2. Our sleep quality is reduced as we spend less time in the important deep sleep phases. For a really restorative sleep we need to keep the ideal sleeping temperature. Getting hot and cold at night is a real sleep killer.
Menopause night sweats
HOW CAN I ALLEVIATE HOT FLASHES?
There are however a number of actions we can take to combat hot flashes during menopause and sleep better.
1. A cool room to sleep in: lower ambient temperature not only helps us to feel cooler, but it also supports a better sleep quality. Breathing in cool air helps to lower our core body temperature which helps us to fall asleep and to stay asleep. Dr Robbins recommends: "Therefore, and particularly for women experiencing hot flashes during the menopausal period, it is recommended to keep the bedroom around 18 °C/ 64 °F , use a fan if you do tend to overheat, and ensure your menopause sleepwear is light and breathable.”
2. Have a cooling aid: if you have a glass of ice water next to your bed and a wet cloth you can quickly cool yourself down in case of hot flashes at night.
3. Menopause pajamas for hot flashes: most nightwear is not designed for our physiological sleep needs are not apt at meeting our particular needs when impacted by hot flashes. Natural fabrics often get soaked and then become wet and uncomfortable. Synthetic fabrics trap in the heat and the sweat and we overheat even more.
Menopause night sweats
best nightwear for hot flashes
A moisture wicking pajama that is highly breathable can make a real difference. It's also important that our sleepwear works with evaporative cooling to not only wick away the moisture, but also to cool us down.
Dagsmejan menopause sleepwear is ideal to help you moderate the impact of hot flashes and sleep deeper and longer. With the finest natural fibres and the latest sleep technology, Dagsmejan is scientifically proven to keep you longer in the ideal climatic comfort zone. Find out why Dagsmejan has been called the best menopause pajamas for hot flashes.
How to beat menopause night sweats
The best pajamas for hot flashes
Temperature fluctuations during the night impact our sleep negatively and this is a very common problem during menopause. Dagsmejan's nightwear for hot flashes is scientifically proven to help you to get a better sleep by staying in the ideal climatic comfort zone. Enjoy a deeper and longer sleep!
Best menopause pajamas night sweats
During our menopause years hot flashes often reduce our night comfort and sleep quality. Our sleepwear wicks moisture away while providing ultimate breathability to ensure that you don’t overheat. The best pajamas for hot flashes.
supreme fit and comfort
most comfortable pajamas for women
We move 50 times every night. Our sleepwear has been tested extensively in consumer fit trials to ensure it moves with your body. Flat seams, no tags, and carefully engineered waistbands mean you enjoy amazing comfort, all night. The most comfortable menopause nightwear for incredible sleep comfort.
Super soft touch
softest women's pajamas
As we sleep, blood flow to our skin increases as our cells regenerate and our skin becomes more sensitive to touch. Our sleepwear is twice as soft as cotton and with our light-weight, stretch fabrics there is nothing to rub you the wrong way during the night. That’s what makes Dagsmejan the softest women's pajamas.
Reviewing Dagsmejan menopause nightwear
Why our customers's find dagsmejan the best pajamas for hot flashes
"Meanwhile I belong to the age at which a woman sweats a lot at night (menopause). With the night dress I sleep wonderfully, the heat is dissipated (I don't know how but I'm not sweating anymore) - that's sensational for me. I don't want to wear anything else at night anymore :-)"
"I am extremely satisfied with the top. Due to menopause I sometimes sweat very much at night. With the new top however I wake up dry again in the morning."
"Bought this lovely top (colour is gorgeous) to match the pyjama bottoms. Help enormously with night sweats due to the menopause. I can't recommend this top enough. Well worth the money as has helped me sleep a lot better at this awful time."
"I am currently going through my menopause and have been woken with hot flashes most nights. Since wearing this menopause sleepwear I no longer get woken by night sweats, it is cool and light to wear. Highly recommended."
"Great fit, super comfortable and very breathable which is great for me going through menopause"